- Build a little 'Brag Page', folder, archive, etc...
- Take a picture of all the Mics you've built, or your 'rig', if you're working on improving it.
- Make a recording of yourself playing your favorite show-piece.
- List your accomplishments almost as you would for a resume' - be kind, but realistic.
- Stay positive!
- Try to keep your accomplishments as 'stand-alone' items - don't list them 'against' your goals (that's for later).
- List only the best stuff - don't record a song you haven't mastered, or anything you're struggling with - make this about this year's triumphs, however few or small.
What you've created is something that shows some things you have to feel good about on your path of development. Savor it.
Now, if you need to make a second copy to use in your goal-setting process (you do have a formalized goal-setting process, don't you?), go ahead and do so.
Take your 'snapshot' and put it away. Save the file, put the book on the shelf, store the archive, whatever.
Now, make an appointment for Noon, December 31st, 2007 to pull that archive out of storage and have a good long, look. I'm confident you'll have plenty to smile about when you open it again next New Year's Eve.