Conway (again)

Well, I just got back from Chicago.

Who did I hear, you ask? Not Buddy Guy, B. B. King, or even James Cotton.

There are a few really great Harmonica players in Chicago, whom most of you have probably never heard of. Howard Levy & Joe Filisko come to mind. Although I admire Levy's skill, I don't care for his playing that much. Filisko is a very special musician and a historian of music, who I had the pleasure of hearing & meeting the last visit.

But there's another formidable harmonica talent in Chicago; James Conway. Now I'm not saying he's equal to Filisko or Levy (and I'm not saying he isn't, either), but I'll tell you he's a wonderfully skilled player with incredible chops and tone who can play multiple instruments including guitar, jaw-harp, bohdran, and penny-whistle. He's a master of Celtic music and a very very good Blues player. He's also a really nice guy. I recommend you check out his website and YouTube videos for a special treat.

BTW, thanks James for letting me play a tune with your band! It was a pleasure meeting you and hearing you play live. Your guitarist & percussionist were impressive as well - please convey my appreciation to them.